Purpose: Measure distinct aspects of work behaviour in terms of job related strengths and weaknesses
Age: 18+ years
Time: 20 minutes
Administration: Individual and group
The Work Personality Index assessment is an advanced measure of work personality characteristics. It provides a valid and dependable measure of personality traits that directly influence a person’s work performance and task effectiveness.
It measures 21 personality traits that research has shown are related to work performance. These traits indicate how individuals work with others, approach their tasks, solve problems, manage change, and deal with stress.
Outlining the person’s job-related strengths and identifying areas of weaknesses, the Work Personality Index assessment is useful for training and development and personnel selection.
The Work Personality Index assessment provides a clear framework for understanding the impact of personality on job performance. Unlike other personality measures, the WPI assessment measures personality traits that are directly related to the work environment and job performance, making interpretation of results straight forward.
The WPI Measures:
- Energy and Drive: ambition, initiative, flexibility, energy, leadership, multi-tasking, persuasion, social confidence.
- Work style: persistence, attention to detail, rule-following, dependability, planning.
- Working with others: teamwork, concern for others, outgoing, democratic.
- Dealing with pressure and stress: self-control, stress tolerance.
- Problem solving style: innovation, analytical thinking.
- Special purpose scales: sales potential, management and leadership potential.