Purpose: To measure general intelligence/cognitive ability
Age: 5-21 years
Time: Abbreviated Battery: 10-15 minutes; Standard Batteries: 30 minutes; Full Scale Battery: 45-60 minutes
Format: Hard-copy; Online (Scoring Only)
The Universal Nonverbal Intelligence Test-Second Edition (UNIT 2) is designed to provide a fair assessment of intelligence for individuals who have speech, language or hearing impairments, different cultural or language backgrounds, or are verbally uncommunicative.
UNIT2 consists of six subtests:
- Symbolic Memory
- Nonsymbolic Quantity
- Analogic Reasoning
- Spatial Memory
- Numerical Series
- Cube Design
In addition, the following seven composite scores are available: Memory, Reasoning, Quantitative, Abbreviated Battery, Standard Battery with Memory, Standard Battery without Memory, Full Scale Battery.
Criterion-prediction studies indicate large to very large correlations with CAS2, WISC-IV, SB-5, CTONI-2, WJ III Cognitive, and UMAS.
- All new normative sample.
- New Quantitative subtests replace Object Memory and Mazes.
- Offers Abbreviated Battery, Standard Battery With Memory, Standard Battery Without Memory, and Full Scale Battery.
- Provides an entirely nonverbal stimulus-and-response administration format.
- All new studies of reliability and validity, including studies of diagnostic accuracy, particularly rigorous techniques involving the computation of sensitivity, specificity, and receiver operating characteristics/area under the curve.
- New upward extension of normative tables through age 21 years 11months.
- Offers a wide breadth of use with exceptional students, including those with intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, and giftedness.
- Provides a fair assessment of culturally and linguistically different examinees, including deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- Reduces situational sources of test bias.
- Incorporates full colour stimuli, manipulatives, and pointing response modes to engage examinees.
New Online Scoring Now Available!
Available as a 1 year subscription, the new PC, Mac, and tablet-compatible UNIT2 Online Scoring and Report System is an efficient and easy way to obtain UNIT2 scores and corresponding narrative. Use UNIT2 online to
- Convert UNIT2 subtest raw scores into standard scores, percentile ranks, descriptive terms, and age equivalents
- Generate Abbreviated Battery, Standard Battery With Memory, Standard Battery Without Memory, and Full Scale composite scores
- Compare UNIT2 subtest and composite scores to identify significant intra-individual differences
- Provide a MS Word or PDF report of UNIT2 performance.