The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales (NRDLS) identifies speech and language delays and impairments in very young children (3-7.5 years of age). The NRDLS provides diagnostic information about a child's production and understanding of spoken language.
The NRDLS Multilingual Toolkit is an additional handbook that provides guidance on how to adapt and use the assessment with children for who English is an additional language.
The Multilingual Toolkit:
- Revisits the theoretical background for each section of the assessment and discusses how this might apply in languages other than English
- Illustrates with examples the sorts of adaptations that could be made to the section, depending on linguistic and cultural context
- Uses examples where appropriate to indicate what an individual child's performance on an adapted section might mean for their assessment
- Refers to any relevant literature on how the aspect of language explored by the section is acquired in other languages, or how it is affected in cases of language impairment.
- Encourages the clinician to consider particular questions appropriate to the section when considering the target language.
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing