Purpose: Identify speech and language delays and impairments in very young children
Age: 3-7 years
Time: 35-60 minutes
The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales (NRDLS) provides an overview of a child’s language ability. It can be used for guiding intervention and to evaluate the effectiveness of those interventions.
The NRDLS provides diagnostic information about a child’s production and understanding of spoken language.
There are two scales in the NRDLS: one explores aspects of a child’s understanding of selected vocabulary items and grammatical features (the Comprehension Scale); and the other examines the child’s production of the same features of language (the Production Scale). Parallel sections within the scales aid comparison of a child’s comprehension and production skills.
- The assessment tests both production and understanding of language – abilities that are key to child development
- The new edition includes the Multilingual Toolkit, an additional handbook giving guidance on how to adapt and use the NRDLS with children for whom English is an Additional Language
- The new edition retains a mix of play-based activities with a range of stimulus material which includes a trio of appealing characters that children can handle and 'direct' as they carry out many of the assessment tasks
- NRDLS has been standardised on a sample of 1,200 children in the United Kingdom
- Less stimulus items make NRDLS quicker and more straightforward to administer, with full colour illustrations presented in an easy-to-use easel format
- The Comprehension Scale and the Production Scale have been more closely aligned for easier comparison of the two skill sets
- The play-based format has been retained with appealing and engaging stimulus material, including the characters of monkey, teddy and rabbit.
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing