Age: First to fourth year of schooling
Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Generally used in the first to fourth year of schooling, the Sutherland Phonological Awareness Test -Revised (SPAT-R) can also be used diagnostically for older children.
Phonological awareness is tested at the levels of syllable, onset-rime and phoneme (CVC and consonant clusters).
Included: Movie (MP4 format) demonstrating administration and scoring
In-depth analysis of nonword spelling errors provides a normed diagnostic picture of emerging phonemic awareness skills
Comprehensive manual covers qualitative interpretation and follow-up
Choice of test booklet to streamline administration and reporting, or economical one-page test scoresheet for school screenings
Alternate forms for pre-and post-testing are available.
- Sound identification
- Nonword reading
- Nonword spelling
The Sutherland Phonological Awareness Test -Revised (SPAT-R) Starter Kit includes four items:
1. SPAT-R USB. This USB stick contains the following files and folders:
- ‘Read Me First’ explanatory page
- SPAT-R Demonstration Movie (MP4) - 30 minutes
- Test forms: Master files for printing
- Stimulus Pages: Master files for printing
- SPAT-R Manual (PDF file)
2. A wire-bound printed copy of the SPAT-R Manual
3. Sample only: Printed copies of the Test Forms (Forms A and B)
4. Sample only: Printed copies of the Stimulus Pages (Forms A and B)
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing