Range: First to fourth year of schooling
Administration: 10 to 15 minutes
The Sutherland Phonological Awareness Test - Revised (SPAT-R) is a comprehensive standardised test that provides an overview of the phonological awareness skills required for early literacy development.
Generally used in the first-fourth year of schooling, the SPAT-R can also be used diagnostically for older children.
Phonological awareness is tested at the levels of syllable, onset-rime and phoneme (CVC and consonant clusters).
- In-depth analysis of nonword spelling errors provides a normed diagnostic picture of emerging phonemic awareness skills
- Comprehensive manual covers qualitative interpretation and follow-up
- Choice of test booklet to streamline administration and reporting, or economical one-page test scoresheet for school screenings
- Alternate forms for pre-and post-testing are available.
- Sound identification
- Nonword reading
A 30-minute DVD is also available, which demonstrates administration of the entire test, including discontinuation guidelines, and provides an overview of scoring.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing