The result of extraordinary collaboration between ten scientists from around the world, Sustainable Futures offers a unique and fascinating approach to sustainable development issues in developing countries. It focuses on educating the next generation of young people about environmental issues with water and forest management as major themes.
Detailed case studies from Thailand, China, India, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Georgia and Portugal reveal the passions and endeavours of local communities seeking to bring about a better way of life.
Sustainable Futures covers cross-cultural understanding, environmental issues and sustainable lifestyles, and is a valuable resource for teachers and students in schools and higher education institutions seeking to expand their knowledge of these areas.
Case Studies include:
- Capacity-building for disaster management in southern Thailand
- Water-saving in a city: A case study of Beijing City
- Rainwater harvesting in Mumbai
- Water resources, tourism and sustainable development in the Tres Palos lagoon area, Mexico
- Geography for urban sustainable development: Students' proposals to deal with Santiago de Chile urban sprawl
- Community and sustainable development: Sustainability awareness through transportation, food and water in a Buenos Aires neighbourhood
- The forest fires issue in Portugal
- Geographical perspective on training of students in sustainable development in Georgia