The Structured Program for Early Childhood Therapists working with Autism (SPECTRA) is a comprehensive intervention reference guide for psychologists, special needs teachers, therapists and early childhood educators working with children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
It provides a developmental framework as well as step-by-step instructions on how to implement a behaviour program to teach autistic children a comprehensive range of skills, starting with skills that are typically lacking in these children.
SPECTRA is applicable to children with an intellectual age of 18 months to 6 years old.
- Provides principles and guidelines for designing and implementing an intervention program
- Includes a progress map and simple checklists that allow you to identify the child’s developmental level, skills mastered and areas that need attention and learning
- Specific exercises and activities covering a wide range of learning areas are included
Specific exercises and activities include:
- Basic skills like attention, compliance and appropriate play
- Receptive and expressive communication
- Reading and writing
- Making choices
- Daily living skills
Photocopy masters for designing a program and tracking progress are also included.