Stop Think Do is a bestselling social skills program consisting of 20 lessons at four different levels: 4–6 years, 6–8 years, 8–10 years and 10–12 years of age.
Each lesson includes learning outcomes, required resources, structured teaching of the core concept or skill, age appropriate activities to practice the skills, and worksheets to reinforce each learning outcome.
Stop Think Do aims to:
- Prevent adverse consequences resulting from poor social skills and peer friendships
- Improve the social skills and peer friendships of children who already have problems
- Develop cooperative classrooms and schools
- Develop emotional intelligence, self-esteem and confidence through increased awareness, skills training and goal achievement
- Empower students by teaching self-control, decision making and positive actions
- Develop group skills including active participation, cooperation, organisation and leadership
- Improve relationships through the use of a common language, problem-solving process, shared goals and regular feedback
Three colourful posters that trace the Stop Think Do problem solving sequence using a traffic light motif are also available.