Planning interdisciplinary STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) lessons that meet K-5 grade level expectations can be a challenge. How do you fit it all in? In this engaging, well-organised guide, STEM instructional trailblazer Miranda Reagan provides a teacher-friendly, research-based guide to quickly and confidently infuse STEM concepts across content areas.
Real-world vignettes, sample lessons and templates, discussion questions, and immediately applicable action steps help you seamlessly promote college and career ready skills.
This inspiring guide helps teachers use STEM-infused interdisciplinary instruction to:
- Deepen all content areas, including English/ Language Arts
- Promote the 4Cs: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Require students to take risks to solve problems
- Differentiate instruction and scaffold support
- Expand students' specific measurable capabilities
- Incorporate design skills into the curricula
- Save valuable time and confidently develop standards-aligned STEM projects across all content areas