So You Want to Be a Vet? is an essential guide for current and prospective students of veterinary science.
Personal insights from recent graduates add immeasurably to the discussion of student life and what to expect in your future career.
The book explores:
- Entry requirements
- The selection process
- Introduction to course content
- The eight universities offering veterinary science in Australia and New Zealand
- Maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Financing the cost of study
- Coping with stress, workloads and time management
- Extramural requirements.
So You Want to Be a Vet? addresses career options and employment prospects, alternatives to veterinary science, anticipated remuneration levels and challenges for the future.
Taking a pragmatic and realistic view of what a career in veterinary science entails, Eric Allan cautions that it's not just about working with animals. It is often an arduous and demanding profession, not as financially rewarding as some might expect, and requires a strong work ethic.