Range: 6-14 Years
Time: Approximately 30 Minutes
Purpose: To identify gaps in spelling skills, track progress over time and provide teachers with information for effective planning of spelling instruction.
The Single Word Spelling Test (SWST) comprises a series of nine standardised tests designed to assess spelling attainment. Each test covers everyday vocabulary and contains between 30 and 50 words (depending on level), including high frequency, literacy hour and spelling bank words.
The group test takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and provides:
- Spelling Ages
- Standard Scores
- Percentile Ranks
- Progress Scores
- Structured Analysis of Spelling Errors
- Supplementary Assessments
- Structured Spelling Lists.
Errors on the SWST reveal information about what a pupil knows or needs to learn. The tests map on to a set of structured spelling lists that assist in the teaching of spelling by providing a quick and easy reference for finding words with similar visual and phonological patterns.
Pupils write their spellings on a photocopiable A4 answer sheet which the teacher then analyses for errors. Along with a handy reference guide for you to use with each pupil SWST includes supplementary assessments and a structured analysis of spelling errors.
The SWST includes:
- Teacher's Manual (containing all 9 tests)
- Photocopiable answer sheet and group record sheet.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of training in assessment
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of training in assessment