Range: children just prior to or just after entering formal schooling
Administration: 10 minutes, paper-based -individual and group
Purpose: A criterion-referenced assessment of phonological awareness and early alphabet knowledge.
The School Entry Alphabetic and Phonological Awareness Readiness Test (SEAPART) measures pre-literacy skills that are ideally mastered at the point of school entry.
This precursor to the popular Sutherland Phonological Awareness Test - revised (SPAT-R) is suitable for use from preschool up to the point where formal literacy skills are being introduced in primary school. It provides information about strengths and weaknesses in phonological awareness and alphabet knowledge, and takes less than fifteen minutes to administer and score.
The SEAPART Manual comes with a USB that includes PDFs for test form printing, a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation for administration (laptop or tablet needed) and a video demonstration of the assessment.
- Australian Norms provided for the first four years of formal schooling
- Manual provides extensive suggestions for intervention on the basis of test results
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing