Purpose: Measure the level and nature of anxiety as experienced by children and adolescents
Age: 6-19 years
Time: 10 to 15 minutes; Short Form <5 minutes
Administration: Individual; Group
The Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scales: 2nd Ed. (RCMAS-2) can be used to evaluate children for academic stress, test anxiety, peer/family conflicts, and drug problems. It is also useful in assessing anxiety levels in the classroom or in social situations.
The test is now composed of 49 items covering the following scales:
- Physiological Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Inconsistent Responding index
The Social Anxiety scale replaces the RCMAS Social Concerns/Concentration scale, and a new cluster of 10 items assesses performance anxiety. These changes address the increased pressure that today's children feel to achieve, academically and socially. They allow teachers and school psychologists to monitor the stress that children may feel and help them cope with it.
- Simple yes/no response format
- Elementary reading level
- Content-based item clusters that help pinpoint children's problems and focus intervention
- A convenient, 10-item short form is ideal for use in screening situations or when clinical time is limited
- New items that reflect changes in the way children now experience anxiety
- Updated Focus on Performance and Social Anxiety
- Generates a Total Anxiety score plus scale scores
- Norms are presented separately for three age groups: 6 to 8 years, 9 to 14 years, and 15 to 19 years
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- A registered psychologist with AHPRA registration number
- Please Note: If purchasing ADOS-2 materials, it is recommended that registered psychologists complete the ADOS-2 Training.
Provisional Psychologist (PS)
A provisional psychologist with:
- Supervisor’s APHRA registration number
- Letter outlining supervisory arrangements
- APHRA registration number