Since its first publication in 1967, the Renfrew Action Picture Test has been a reach-for assessment used by a range of professionals dedicated to the speech and language development of children between 3.0–8.5 years of age.
Widely used by Speech and Language Therapists / Pathologists, SENCOs, and teachers, among other professionals, the test covers words used to convey information (i.e. nouns, verbs, prepositions); present, past and future tenses; irregular forms of plural and past tenses; simple and complex sentence construction; and passive voice. The test provides an Information and Grammar score that can be benchmarked against a UK school population.
5th Edition Updates
This 5th edition has been fully updated, including:
- Revision of scoring guidelines
- Modernisation of images
- Through an extensive nation-wide programme, the Action Picture Test has been fully re-standardised against a modern school population
Includes Manual, 10 full colour cards and Photocopiable scoring form.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing