As one of the earliest personalised learning programs, SRA Reading Laboratories have improved the reading and independent learning skills of more than 100 million students, becoming one of the most trusted names in reading.
With an easy-to-use box of self-guided and leveled readers, SRA Reading Laboratories develop confident readers through supplemental and personalised K-12 reading content that ensures each student is working at the right level and moving ahead at his or her own pace.
SRA Reading Laboratories:
- Are suitable for the whole school (Grades 1–12, Reading ages 5–17)
- Build comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, word analysis and independent study skills
- Can be initiated quickly with simple placement and progress guidelines
- Empower students to monitor their own progress and partner with the teacher to determine readiness to move on to the next colour-coded reading
- Include 50% fiction and 50% non-fiction reading selections
- Provide a sense of accomplishment when finishing and moving on to the next colour
- Provide content that is made approachable through short readings
- Each Teacher Handbook contains Blackline Masters for student record sheets
SRA Reading Laboratories support learning for early finishers, extra time gaps and independent reading time. Personalised learning and practice opportunities makes it easy to manage an entire classroom of students at different reading levels with ease.
- 25% of reading selections are completely new to the new editions for Levels 1&2
- Includes Lexile® measures for all readings
- All reading selections were reviewed and updated for current factual information and are aligned with today’s academic integrity standards
- Refreshed overall design and look-and-feel
- Level 2 reduced from 3 Laboratories to 2 (2a and 2b, no 2c level)
Grades 1–3: Reading Laboratory 1A, 1B and 1C
- Reading Laboratory 1A: Reading ages 5–8 years
- Reading Laboratory 1B: Reading ages 6.4–9.5 years
- Reading Laboratory 1C: Reading ages 6.6–10 years
Grades 4–8: Reading Laboratory 2A and 2B
- Reading Laboratory 2A: Reading ages 7–11 years
- Reading Laboratory 2B: Reading ages 7.4–13 years
Grades 7-12: Reading Laboratory 3A and 3B
- Reading Laboratory 3A: Reading ages 9–16 years
- Reading Laboratory 3B: Reading ages 9.5–17 years
Student Record Books are available for all levels. These helps enhance each students' learning experience by creating one place for students to record all their answers to the Reading Lab exercise questions on special record pages.
Students can correct mistakes, record scores and chart their progress through the Power Builders. The books also contain a description of procedures, sample pages of trial exercises, and helpful suggestions for effective reading and study habits.
Please note for levels 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A and 2B, Student Record Books are sold individually.