Purpose: DSM-5 oriented Screening tool for early identification of psychological disorders
Age: Child & Adolescent PsychProfiler: 2-18 years; Adult PsychProfiler: 18+ years
Time: Child & Adolescent PsychProfiler: 20 minutes; Adult PsychProfiler: 30 minutes
Oriented to the DSM-5, the PsychProfiler is a screener that simultaneously screens for 20 of the most common psychiatric, psychological, and educational disorders in children, adolescents, and adults. It can be used in the early identification of disorders crucial to formal diagnosis, intervention and prevention of further mental health or educational problems.
The PsychProfiler can be used in the early identification of:
- Anxiety disorders – Generalised anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, Separation anxiety disorder, Specific phobia
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Bipolar and related disorders
- Communication disorders – Language disorder, Speech sound disorder
- Depressive disorders – Persistent depressive disorder, Major depressive disorder
- Disruptive, impulse-control, & Conduct Disorders – Conduct disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder
- Feeding and eating disorders – Anorexia nervosa, Bulimia nervosa
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders
- Personality disorders – Antisocial personality disorder
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
- Specific learning disorders – Specific learning disorder – impairment in mathematics, Specific learning disorder – Impairment in reading, Specific learning disorder – impairment in written expression
- Trauma and stressor-related disorders – Posttraumatic stress disorder
The PsychProfiler is suitable for two age groups:
- Child and Adolescent Psychprofiler (CAPP): 2-18 years
The CAPP has three screening forms (Self, Parent, and Teacher) that each take 15 minutes to complete and screens for 14 of the most prevalent psychiatric/psychological/educational disorders among those aged 2–18 years.
- Adult Psychprofiler (APP): 18+ years
The APP has two screening forms (Self and Observer) that each take 25 minutes to complete and screen for 17 of the most prevalent psychiatric/psychological/educational disorders among those 18 years of age and over.
The PsychProfiler can be administered in the following ways:
PsychProfiler Kits & Forms
PsychProfiler Kits contain a Manual, hard-copy forms (specific to age range purchased), and an online licence. Full kits contain a licence for 250 uses, whilst CAPP or APP kits contain a licence for 150 uses.
The online licence allows for web based administration, scoring and reporting of the PsychProfiler. Hard-copy forms contained in the kit may also be completed by clients, and administrators can then input the data online for scoring and reporting, using their online licence.
PsychProfiler hard copy forms may also be scored using the PsychProfiler Manual if preferred.
PsychProfiler Online Licences
PsychProfiler Licences allow for web based administration. You can use the licence to fully administer & score/report online, or you can input data from hard copy forms for scoring/reporting online.
It is strongly recommended that customers purchase a PsychProfiler Manual when using the Online Licences.
Sample Online Adult PsychProfiler Report
Sample Online Child and Adolescent PsychProfiler Report