Promoting First Relationships is an evidence-based curriculum designed for service providers, to help parents and other caregivers meet the social and emotional needs of young children (0-3 years).
It provides professionals who work with caregivers and young children the knowledge, tools and strategies to guide and support caregivers in building nurturing and responsive relationships with children.
It covers issues critical to supporting and guiding caregivers in building nurturing and responsive relationships with children, including:
- Theoretical foundations of social and emotional development in early childhood
- Consultation strategies for working with parents and other caregivers
- Elements of a healthy relationship
- Promoting the development of trust and security in infancy
- Promoting healthy development of self during toddlerhood
- Understanding and intervening with children's challenging behaviours
- Developing intervention plans for children and caregivers and individualising Promoting First Relationships for your setting.