The Progressive Achievement Tests in Written Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (PAT-SPG) is a thoroughly researched and nationally normed set of tests to assess students’ skills in applying conventions of the English language.
PAT-SPG consists of two components: Grammar and Punctuation; and Written Spelling. Each test provides teachers with objective information for setting realistic learning goals and planning effective English programs.
PAT-SPG Grammar and Punctuation contains seven tests and PAT-SPG Written Spelling contains eight tests, each targeted at a particular year level, but suitable for use and normed in adjacent year levels.
- Assessments that reflect the emphasis on language in the English national curriculum.
- Seven graded and normed PAT-SPG Grammar and Punctuation tests for Years 3 to 10.
- A common developmental PAT-SPG Grammar and Punctuation scale for reporting results on each test, allowing the collection of diagnostic information from student responses and the tracking of progress from year to year.
- Eight normed and graded PAT-SPG Written Spelling tests for Years 2 to 10.
- Results on the PAT-SPG Written Spelling test are reported and normed on the existing PAT-R Spelling scale, providing a comprehensive assessment of spelling, both through dictation and written text.
- Group and individual diagnostic reports similar to those in PAT-R 4th Edition.
- Copy masters of administration instructions, score keys, diagnostic reports and Excel spreadsheets for recording group results.
PAT-SPG Written Spelling Sample Questions
PAT-SPG Grammar and Punctuation Sample Questions