Range: Years 2 to 11
Purpose: To monitor process in mathematics and to provide teachers with diagnostic information to inform teaching.
Administration: 40 minutes (group)
New Fourth Edition Now Available
The ACER Progressive Achievement Tests in Mathematics Third Edition (PATMaths Third Edition) is a thoroughly revised and updated edition of ACER’s best selling test of achievement in mathematics.
PATMaths Third Edition is designed for use in Australian schools to provide objective, norm-referenced information to teachers about the level of achievement attained by their students in the skills and understanding of mathematics.
- Norms collected in November 2004 from an Australia-wide sample of 12 000 students
- A common achievement scale for all eight tests giving teachers the flexibility to match test level to student ability and measure growth over time
- Descriptions of the types of maths skills mastered, and those still to be developed based on test performance
- Estimates of curriculum outcome levels for each State and Territory based on test performance
- Comprehensive tables showing the location of all test questions in comparison to State and Territory curriculum outcomes
- An overview of the student’s strengths and weaknesses in each curriculum content strand
- Expanded range of individual and group reporting options for both hand-scored and machine-scored tests
- A CD-ROM containing copy masters of administration instructions, score keys and report
View sample questions
Download the PATMaths norm supplement
Download the VELS Progression Points
Download Links to Queensland Essential Learnings
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions