Range: 8-15 years
Purpose: To assess reading accuracy, reading behaviour and in-depth reading comprehension.
The PROBE 2 Kit includes:
- Manual, which is divided into four parts
- Guide: Outlines the purpose and procedure of the assessment
- Determiner: Outlines the pre-test (purpose and procedure)
- Answers: Includes notes and the Keywords
- Copymasters: Can be copied -Determiner and Recording Sheets
- Student Text, which is divided into two parts
- PROBE 2 Determiner Word Lists
- 40 stories and questions (fiction and non-fiction)
- A Student's Guide to PROBE Assessment CD
The Student's Guide to PROBE Assessment CD helps students gain a better understanding of the assessment, along with processes and behaviours to improve test performance. This can be used with individual students or presented to a whole class.
It covers the purpose of the test, what is expected of them, preparing their mind, the pre-test, the way PROBE is used, how to read the stories, about the questions, answering questions, more than one story and summarises.
PROBE 2 Supplementary Kits are able to be purchased by schools only once a full kit has been purchased. If more than one teacher is to be working with the resource, then each teacher can have their own Determiner, Guide/Answers and Student Text, and share the Copymaster book.
PROBE 2 Materials may only be purchased by schools or qualified individuals at registered institutions. Supplementary Kits are not available outside of school use