The Phonological Assessment Battery (PhAB) is designed to assess phonological processing in individual children. It is a practical measure that identifies children aged 6-14 years who have significant phonological difficulties and need special help in processing sounds in spoken language.
The PhAB Record Forms are sold in packs of 10 and are consumable (need to be replaced each time testing takes place).
Upgrade to the new PhAB2
GL Assessment is now offering an updated, newly standardised primary version of this test - the Phonological Assessment Battery 2nd ed. (PhAB2). The new assessment provides targeted testing ranges 5-6 and 7-11 year olds.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing