Purpose: To screen for a broad range of clinical problems
Age: 18-89 years
Time: 10 minutes
Format: Hard-copy; Software Scoring
The Personality Assessment Screener (PAS) quickly screens for major domains covered in the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) and is designed for use as a triage instrument in health care and mental health settings.
This 22-item test can help you determine the need for follow-up with a full evaluation of psychopathology, focus initial client interviews on specific problem areas, and target certain clinical areas for follow-up testing.
- Assesses both potential for emotional and/or behavioural problems of clinical significance and need for follow-up evaluation
- Items are organised into 10 different element scores that represent 10 distinct clinical problem domains.
- Element raw scores are summed to determine the PAS Total score, which assesses both the potential for emotional and/or behavioural problems of clinical significance and the need for follow-up evaluation.
Clinical Problem Domains
- Negative Affect
- Hostile Control
- Alcohol Problem
- Acting Out
- Psychotic Features
- Suicidal Thinking
- Social Withdrawal
- Health Problems
- Anger Control
The PAS can be scored using the PAI Software Portfolio (PAI-SP). Responses from a completed Response Form can be entered into the PAI-SP, or alternatively responses can be input directly into the PAI-SP by using PAS Counter Serial Numbers.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- A registered psychologist with AHPRA registration number
- Please Note: If purchasing ADOS-2 materials, it is recommended that registered psychologists complete the ADOS-2 Training.
Provisional Psychologist (PS)
A provisional psychologist with:
- Supervisor’s APHRA registration number
- Letter outlining supervisory arrangements
- APHRA registration number