Range: Years 2 to 9
Purpose: Expand the comprehension component of PAT-R by providing more difficult units than those contained in the corresponding PAT-R Comprehension Fourth Edition tests
Administration: 40 minutes to complete, with an additional 15 minutes for administration.
The Progressive Achievement Tests in Reading (PAT-R) are tests designed to assist teachers in their assessment of students’ reading comprehension, vocabulary and spelling. It provides teachers with objective information for setting realistic learning goals and planning effective programs.
PAT-R Comprehension: Advanced is an expansion of PAT-R Comprehension Fourth Edition, developed in response to requests for more challenging reading comprehension material for more highly skilled students. It provides an alternative assessment package aimed at students with strong reading comprehension skills.
The tests in PAT-R Comprehension: Advanced may be used as an alternative test option for students who require more challenging, age appropriate texts. They are a complementary option to the PAT-R Comprehension Fourth Edition tests, rather than a replacement.
The PAT-R Comprehension: Advanced Teacher Supplement also provides up-to-date student norms for PAT-R Comprehension.
All items are linked to the content descriptions of the Literature, Literacy and Language strands of the Australian Curriculum: English.
- Eight new printed comprehension tests suitable for students from Years 2 to 9
- Uses the same achievement scale as the PAT-R Comprehension Fourth Edition tests, allowing teachers to track progress over time and across test packages
- Offers more difficult units than those contained in the corresponding PAT-R Comprehension Fourth Edition tests
- Up-to-date student norms
- All items have been mapped to the content descriptions of the Australian Curriculum: English
- Full-colour, illustrated Stimulus Booklet contains fiction and non-fiction reading passages in a variety of text types
- Diagnostic reporting
- Scoring and reporting masters.
The PAT-R Comprehension Test Booklets are reusable.
OMR Answer Sheets (suitable for hand scoring and for use with Test Scoring Services) are available for use with Test Booklets 2–9, and Non-OMR Answer Sheets (suitable for hand scoring only) are available for use with Test Booklets 2–6.