Getting insights into students’ cognitive abilities opens a whole new realm of possibilities—teachers can tailor instruction to match how students learn, students are considered for enrichment programs that pique their interest and challenge their thinking, and gaps between student achievement and ability are uncovered.
The Cognitive Abilities Test™ (CogAT®), the most widely used and trusted abilities test, makes it all happen. CogAT measures abilities across the symbol systems that are most highly correlated with fluid reasoning, problem solving, and success in school. With its separate measures of Verbal, Quantitative, and Nonverbal reasoning, this research-based and proven test provides multiple perspectives on student ability across grades K–12.
Cognitive Abilities test (CogAT)
The Cognitive Abilities test (CogAT) measures measure students’ verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal figural reasoning abilities and assists educators in determining instructional strategies from Prep – Year 12.
The CogAT provides:
- High reliability and validity, ensuring educators can trust the results, even for high-stakes decision-making
- An ELL-friendly test construction, providing equity and fairness
- Unique Ability Profiles that not only show how a student’s reasoning abilities compare with those of other students overall but also highlight areas of relative strength or weakness to help drive teaching and learning strategies
- The addition of more challenging items at each level, helping reduce the need for out-of-level testing.
Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) Screening Form
The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) Screening Form provides schools with the ability to offer a quick and reliable data point when screening for accelerated programs.
Built according to the same high standards of quality as the full form CogAT, the Screening Form consists of the analogies portion of each Battery from the full form (Verbal/Picture Analogies, Number Analogies and Figure Matrices).
Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) Post-Screening Form
Once students complete the the Online CogAT Screening Form, there is an option to administer the remaining six remaining subtests to complete the full CogAT battery (6 subtests for online screener-to-complete CogAT). To do this, you can purchase the Online CogAT Post-Screening Form Administration.
Please note: To purchase the Online CogAT Post-Screening Form Administration, you must have previously purchased and administered the Online CogAT Screening Form. The post-screening form must be administered within 30 days of the screening form.
Testing online with DataManager
Web-based reporting is available through DataManager an easy to navigate assessment platform that allows you to streamline the management and reporting of CogAT results. View and print results for individual students and groups up to the system level, download print-ready parent reports, or easily extract CogAT data for further analyses or uploading into your local information management system.CogAT online provides a more cost and time effective testing option – no administration minimums mean you can test any number of students when you need to, with price per administration
- Online CogAT Administration can be used for any CogAT level (5/6–17/18)
- Online CogAT Screening Form Administration can be used for any CogAT Screening Form level (5/6–17/18)
- Test results and reports are available within 24 hours
- Flexible administration options – administer with audio instructions, or as a proctor-led assessment
- Content and administration time does not differ from the pen-and-paper assessments
- Access digital resources (Including Research Development Guide, Technical Summary Forms, Implementation Guides) included in the DataManager portal
- The new CogAT Dashboard allows you to view your assessment results in a contemporary “dashboard” format – the information you need to gain insights into the ability of your students is now available to you through one interactive display system.
- View online report here
Online testing can be completed on desktops, laptops, chromebooks and iPads (stable internet connection required). A secure browser will need to be installed on each device prior to testing.
Please note: Price is per administration. Online CogAT Administration, Online CogAT Screening Form Administration and Online CogAT Post-Screening Form Administration are all sold separately.
School roster files need to be uploaded 5-7 business days prior to testing for bulk uploads. If you have a small number of students, you can manually upload roster data (which is active instantly).
Proctorio remote proctoring services are available for remote learning (for an additional fee).