Parents and teachers often struggle with the advice given by occupational therapists regarding support for children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). What makes this book unique is the exploration of secrets that professionals sometimes hold close.
No Longer A Secret helps you understand sensory processing differences, identify strength areas, and learn strategies to support children at home, at school, or in the community. From this book, parents, teachers, and therapists can learn common-sense strategies to help children with sensory or regulatory challenges.
No Longer A Secret will help you:
- Recognize your child’s sensory differences
- Understand challenging behaviors
- Identify strength areas to support your child and family
- Learn the essential role of relationships in developing self-regulation
- Create a sensory lifestyle to support your child’s success
- Increase your understanding of sensory differences and find tangible strategies to support self-regulation and family relationships