Please note: Minimum order quantity is 10 administrations. Price per administration.
The New Group Reading Test (NGRT) enables you to assess your students’ reading and comprehension skills in a single test – helping to identify those students who may need further support and benchmarking their performance against other students of the same age.
These standardised tests will help you to understand the reading ability of your group or class and allow you to use this information to support personalised learning and target setting. They are particularly useful to identify English as an Additional Language students who may appear to be competent readers but who could have weak comprehensiom skills.
Each test is made up of two parts:
- Sentence completion, which measures decoding with some element of comprehension;
- Then, depending on the student’s score, either a passage comprehension, which measures a range of comprehension skills of increasing difficulty; or very weak readers will take a phonics task.
The fully adaptive digital tests adjust to match each student’s reading ability as they progress through the test. This allows the accurate assessment of students of all abilities, from the least able to the most able.
The tests provide a range of measures for each child including a Standard Age Score (SAS) and reading age. These enable you to track progress through the year, or year-on-year, and can be used at key points, for example when a student enters the school or to monitor progress after interventions.
NGRT is a robust and accurate test of a student’s reading ability that provides an overall reading age and allows you to see how the student’s decoding skills compare to their understanding of what they have read.
The range of instant reports that can be generated feature clear narrative explanations and comprehensive graphs that enable you to build a full picture of each student’s skills. This information will support you in improving literacy across your school by:
- Identifying students who have a mismatch between their reading and comprehension skills
- Seeing which students may need additional testing or diagnosis for specific literacy difficulties
- Providing a benchmark of reading ability for individual students, year groups or classes
- Tracking and measuring progress year-on-year or within a school year
- Supporting personalised learning by setting targets and interventions
Data is presented in visually accessible tables, bar charts and scatter graphs that allow for easy comparison, as well as clear narrative explanations that explain the student profile and its implications for teaching and learning.
- NGRT Group Report for teachers: Provides a summary of the group’s performance in each test – including Standard Age Score (SAS), reading age and stanines for each section to highlight where a wide discrepancy may need particular attention.
- NGRT Group Progress Report for teachers: Allows progress to be measured between two test points across a group or cohort. NB – coming in 2018 – a Progress Report between three points of progress.
- NGRT Individual Report for teachers: Offers an overview of an individual student’s scores, and compares their responses with the standardisation average.
To order more than 499 administrations, please get in touch with our customer service team for a quote.