Purpose: Measure an individual's ability to perceive and conceptualise speech sounds using a visual medium
Age: 5-18 years
Time: 20-30 minutes
The Lindamood Auditory Conceptualization Test – Third Edition (LAC-3) is a norm-referenced assessment that measures an individual's ability to perceive and conceptualise speech sounds using a visual medium. Because of the importance of these auditory skills to reading, the results are helpful for speech-language pathologists, special educators, and reading specialists.
The LAC-3 also measures the cognitive ability to distinguish and manipulate sounds, which success in reading and spelling requires.
A series of encoding tasks measure the discrimination of speech sounds and the ability to perceive, compare and discern patterns of sounds presented orally.
- Three categories of items that relate to multisyllabic processing have been added
- Standard scores, percentile ranks, and age and grade equivalents are now provided for individuals between the ages of 5-0 through 18-11
- The number of items in Category II has been increased from 12 to 18. The syllables have been extended from 4 phonemes to 5.
- An audio CD demonstrating correct pronunciation and administration of test items is provided with the complete test kit
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Occupational Therapist (S3)
- Master degree in Occupational Therapy OR
- Bachelor degree Occupational Therapy, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing