KEY into Inference is designed to teach inferential comprehension skills. Graded photocopiable masters allow teachers to select material suited to the needs and ability levels of their students. Fiction and non-fiction material at every level recognises the differing demands each type of writing makes on readers.
The structure of KEY into inference enables students to begin with simple, single inferences contained in a sentence and to progress to paragraphs and complete texts, such as they would have to deal with in regular classroom or study situations.
KEY into inference is organised into three graded levels:
- Level One, decoding levels: 8 – 10 years
- Level Two, decoding levels: 10 – 12 years
- Level Three, decoding levels: 12 – 14 years
Each level contains:
- Between five and seven sets of sentences targeting when, where, what, who and why information (30 to 42 practise items in total). Level 2 also contains negatives and instructions. Level 3 contains double negatives.
- Eight sets of paragraphs – both fiction and nonfiction items (32 practise items in total)
- Between 10 and 20 sets of texts – both fiction and nonfiction
- Photocopiable material
- 87 pages of sentences, paragraphs and texts
- Fiction and non-fiction material at every level
- Progressive developmental process
- Full answers to all questions
- Comprehensive, user-friendly guide
The KEY comprehension series is directly linked to PROBE 2 question types of reorganisation, inference, evaluation & reaction.
Guide & Answer Sample Pages
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing