Purpose: Evaluate the ‘whole child’ by looking at Intelligence, Executive Functions, and General Development
Age: 5.0-20.11 years
Time: Intelligence: IQ screening (10 minutes); IQ general (50 minutes); IQ complete profile (90 minutes); Executive Functions (30 minutes); Psychomotor Skills (20 minutes); Social-emotional Skills (15 minutes); Basic Skills (according to age 30-60 minutes); Motivation and Attitude (7 minutes).
The Intelligence and Development Scaled–2nd Edition (IDS-2) provides in-depth information on the child’s strengths and developmental needs, enabling testers to identify with precision where support is needed to help them achieve their full potential.
The IDS-2 offers the most comprehensive diagnostic assessment available, with 30 subtests covering the six domains: two cognitive domains (Intelligence and Executive Functions) and four developmental domains (Psychomotor skills, Social-emotional skills, Scholastic skills, and Motivation and Attitude).
Developed in a unique modular framework with child-friendly test materials, the IDS-2’s flexible design makes it easy to personalize the testing session. Booklets and record sheets are colour-coded for ease of use and scoring is conducted online for convenience and accuracy.
The IDS-2 can be used across a variety of diverse applications, including identifying and diagnosing intellectual disabilities and learning disorders, evaluating cognitive and motor skills, understanding emotional strengths and weaknesses.
The IDS-2 is valuable in the education sector to determine aptitude, assist with school enrolment or transition between primary and secondary, providing meaningful results to pinpoint specific actions and interventions.
With the IDS-2, users will benefit from:
- a wider age range (extended to down to age 5;0 and up to 20;11)
- a complete battery that assesses both intelligence and development (across 6 modular domains and 30 subtests)
- coverage of every area of the CHC model of intelligence, instead of selected areas
- more options for intelligence testing for greater flexibility – the IDS-2 provides general intelligence testing, an in-depth IQ profile, and quick IQ screening
- smooth administration with a frustration-minimizing inversion rule, rather than a classical inversion rule
- norms developed through state-of-the-art continuous norming, so users need not rely on small sub-samples for each age group
- online scoring included with each purchase of the record forms