Teaching children on the autism spectrum presents a very particular challenge that requires special understanding from everyone involved. This book offers valuable insight into the nature of autism, Asperger syndrome and other associated conditions.
This book includes:
- Clear principles for appropriate teaching
- A positive approach to developing relationships with socially and emotionally detached children
- A wealth of strategies and activities for developing skills in the key areas of engagement with others, communication and creativity
- Practical advice on supporting children on the autism spectrum in a school and classroom environment
- Ideas for training and supporting those who work with children with autism.
- Photocopiable resources and ideas and materials for in-service training.