How to Identify and Support Children with Dyslexia offers help and advice to educators providing and supporting the learning process of dyslexic children within the primary school classroom.
Packed with valuable advice and ideas, Chris Neanon (an experienced Dyslexia Adviser) aims to address those questions that are most frequently asked by teachers and to build confidence.
- Definitions of dyslexia, recent research and early identification issues
- What is it like to be dyslexic? A child's perspective on dyslexia
- Differences in learning styles
- How to support the dyslexic learner in the Literacy Hour Using teaching assistants most effectively
- Useful resources - letters for parents explaining dyslexia including suggestions of ways in which parents can support children at home.