Purpose: To identify students 5 through 18 years of age who are gifted and talented.
Age: 5-18 years
Time: 5-10 minutes
The Gifted and Talented Evaluation Scales –Second Edition (GATES-2) is a brief assessment for identifying students who are gifted and talented.
The GATES-2 has five scales:
- General Intellectual Ability
- Academic Skills
- Artistic Talent
Each scale has 10 items.
All new normative data were collected in 2013 and 2014, with all new reliability and validity studies.
Twenty-two items from the first edition were retained and twenty-eight new items were added or revised.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing