Age: 16+ years
Time: 30 minutes
The Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 (EQ-i 2.0) examines an individual’s social and emotional strengths and weaknesses.
The EQ-i is the first scientifically validated and most widely used Emotional Intelligence assessment in the world, based on more than 20 years of research worldwide.
Respondents self-report on their life and workplace performance in key areas of emotional skill that have been proven to contribute to proficiency in complex business activities such as conflict resolution and planning.
By identifying the areas that need improvement, the client can immediately begin developing those areas. At the same time, areas where the client excels can be leveraged to their full potential to maximise effectiveness in daily tasks.
The Online EQ-i 2.0 Portal provides easy and efficient administration, scoring and reporting. After taking theEQ-i 2.0, a report is produced with an inventory of 15 competencies, grouped into five composite areas: Self-Perception, Self-Expression, Interpersonal, Decision Making and Stress Management
Administering the Online EQ-i is conducted in three easy steps:
- Invite: Email participants directly from your MHS EQ-i 2.0 account. Your client receives a unique link to take the EQ-i 2.0 online. Taking the assessment is free
- Manage: Your account dashboard shows you who's completed the EQ-i 2.0 so you can track your projects and quickly access reports
- Report: Purchase different types of EQ-i reports using your tokens (tokens are required to generate any EQ-i Reports). You can purchase tokens in advance and have them waiting in your account, so you can generate your reports instantly.
- Emotional Self-Awareness
- Emotional Expression
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Social Responsibility
- Problem Solving
- Reality Testing
- Impulse Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Online EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Report (60 tokens): Designed for use in a wide variety of coaching and development situations and work settings. It focuses on the impact of EI at work and offers suggestions for working with colleagues, supervisors, and clients. In recruiting, this report is useful when using scores to guide the selection of follow-up interview questions, and in identifying potential training and development needs.
- Online EQ-I 2.0: Leadership Report (90 tokens): Examines results through four key dimensions of leadership: authenticity, coaching, insight, and innovation. As an option, you can choose to compare your client's results against those of top leaders, creating a coaching benchmark for exceptional EI performance. The report is customisable, with report options including the Executive Summary page, Leadership Potential page, Leadership bar and Subscale page.
- Online EQ-I 2.0: Higher Education Report (20 tokens): Provides three report versions (Counselor, Student-Comprehensive and Student- Summary), that enable you to control when your students receive their results and the level of detail included. Includes an Alert status to help identify students who may be struggling with certain EI skills.
- Online EQ-I 2.0: Group Report (225 tokens): Combines the EQ-i 2.0 scores of individuals in a manner that allows you to make interpretations at the group or team level. The report presents an overview of group results that identifies group strengths as well as the areas where the group as a whole can be more effective. To generate a Group Report, you must first score each individual's EQ-i using one of the following report options (leadership, workplace, 360, higher education).
- Online EQ 360: Workplace Report (225 tokens): The Online EQ 360: Workplace Report includes not only the feedback of all the raters, but also the feedback of the participant - all in one consolidated report in both and client and coach's version. This saves the participant time and effort in working through multiple reports, and it allows for better comparison and understanding of the feedback received. It features a one-page overview, as well as providing a gap analysis (visual representation of the ratee's responses directly compared to the responses of the nominated raters). The gap analysis points out the areas where there is a high versus a low level of agreement between the ratee and the raters, and it highlights potential blind spots.
- Online EQ 360: Leadership Report (295 tokens): Identifies key employee strengths that can be leveraged to the benefit of the organisation, as well as impediments to high performance that could be improved. Easy Import of EQ 360 Self-Item Responses into EQ-i 2.0 Reports: This feature allows users to import a participants "self" item responses from EQ 360 into EQ-i 2.0. This allows clients to produce individual Workplace or Leadership reports, as well as have the participant's data included in a Group Report.
Each assessment generates a coach and a client report, which provide useful information about a person's emotional intelligence, follow-up questions and applications in the workplace.
Client - EQi 2.0 Workplace Report
Coach - EQi 2.0 Workplace Report
Client - EQi 2.0 Leadership Report
Coach - EQi 2.0 Leadership Report
Client - EQi 2.0 Group Report
Coach - EQi 2.0 Group Report
Higher Education - EQi 2.0 Counselors Report
Higher Education - EQi 2.0 Student Comprehensive
Higher Education - EQi 2.0 Student Summary
Client - EQ360 Workplace Report
Coach - EQ360 Workplace Report
Client - EQ360 Leadership Report
Coach - EQ360 Leadership Report
Qualifications: Although recommended, registered Psychologists (P) and Psychologists under supervision (PS) are not required to undertake the EQ-i 2.0 certification to access EQ-i 2.0 assessments. All other applicants must meet the requirements of the EQ-i qualification level.