The ebilities Mental Agility Series (MAS) Tests are an evolution of traditional cognitive ability tests. They are agility-focused through the inclusion of innovative item-based timings, plus they feature world-first measurement of cognitive confidence to pinpoint overconfident and underconfident test takers.
They were developed to help identify quick, confident learners and problem solvers, as these types of people are the key to a futureproof workforce in the technology age.
The MAS range includes options for finding agile learners, agile numbers people, and agile 'all–rounders' (people who combine high learning potential with numerical agility and quick and accurate recall of the English language).
- All test questions are completed under time pressure whereby an answer has to be given within a “cut-off” time and a test taker’s response time is recorded so it can be factored into the results
- ebilities has pioneered the addition of confidence measures to the MAS tests to provide new insights into whether people over-rate or under-rate their abilities
- Includes sophisticated ‘real time’ analysis of test taker behaviour to identify non-compliant test taker actions that may invalidate test results
- Fully online: PC and Smart-phone compatible
- All MAS tests can be administered in 12-20 minutes
- MAS tests available in both Standard and Advanced versions (test dependent)
The MAS General Potential is used to identify agile learners – people who combine high learning potential with high confidence to try new things and put new learning into action. It measures (1) the learning potential of test takers, via working memory testing as an alternative to traditional abstract reasoning tests, plus (2) any leanings they may show towards overconfidence or underconfidence, which may impact on their learning and decision making.
Available in both Standard and Advanced versions, the MAS General Potential is ideal for identifying agile learners amongst general workforce job applicants as well as graduates and professionals.
- MAS Business Fundamentals
The MAS Business Fundamentals is used to identify people with the highly valued combination of learning agility, numerical agility plus agility with the English language (fast and accurate recall of English words). It measures (1) the core cognitive abilities of test takers in an agility-based format as an alternative to traditional abstract, verbal and numerical tests, plus (2) any leanings they may show towards overconfidence or underconfidence, which may impact on their decision making and work performance.
Available in both Standard and Advanced versions, the MAS General Potential is ideal for identifying versatile people who are able to follow fluid career paths, where English is the language of business.
The MAS Numerical is used to identify genuinely quick 'numbers people' by assessing their performance on tests of mental arithmetic, numerical pattern recognition and financial problem solving. It measures (1) the numerical agility of test takers, as an alternative to traditional numerical tests, plus (2) any leanings they may show towards overconfidence or underconfidence, which may impact on their decision making and work performance.
The MAS Numerical is ideal for hiring graduates and professionals in disciplines such as Accounting, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Engineering, Marketing etc.