Dyslexia Guidance is a comprehensive guide that offers advice on supporting dyslexic students both in the classroom and through intervention from specialist practitioners.
An invaluable resource for teachers and special education teachers, Dyslexia Guidance is ideal for use after the Dyslexia Screener Digital and Dyslexia Portfolio, that provides practical advice on supporting dyslexic pupils, from pre-school through to university level.
By concentrating on the 'life cycle' of a pupil with dyslexia, Dyslexia Guidance takes the reader through each stage of a pupil's school career. It starts with commonly occurring precursors for dyslexia - such as dislike of school and difficulty with letters and numbers - through transfer to secondary school, acquisition of study skills and techniques, and Access Arrangements for pupils tackling public examinations.
- Advice and effective activities based on real classroom experiences
- Photocopiable materials for use in the classroom and small group settings to help teachers' structure day-to-day teaching plans
- It explores the 'life cycle' of a pupil, enabling teachers to better understand the nature of the condition and how best to support pupils from early years to those in higher education
- The social and behavioural issues that most concern parents and teachers are explored in detail within the guide.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of training in assessment
Specialist: Special Education (S6)
- Master degree in Special Education OR
- Bachelor degree in Special Education, PLUS evidence of training in assessment