Purpose: Quickly identify developmental strengths and weaknesses in five key areas and offer suggested activities for remediation
Age: Birth – 21.11
Time: 20–40 minutes
The Developmental Profile™ 4 (DP-4) is a comprehensive assessment instrument with a simple yes-or-no response format that includes 190 test items, each describing a particular skill. The respondent indicates whether or not the child has mastered the skill in question.
Within each of the five scales on the interview form, start and stop rules are used, so you don’t have to administer all items. Each scale has its own norms, so you don’t have to use all five scales if you’re interested in just one area of development. Additionally, there’s an intervention activity for every item.
- Upgraded with a broader age range
- Updated items reflect changes in society, technology, and culture
- New growth scores monitor progress over time
- Updated norms based on a new, nationally representative standardisation sample
- Two new forms (Teacher Checklist and Clinician Rating) strengthen overall evaluation
- Updated items to accommodate children who are deaf/hard of hearing
- Four forms offer flexible administration – three forms (Parent/Caregiver Interview, Parent/Caregiver Checklist, and Teacher Checklist) provide standard scores and growth scores.
- The Clinician Rating form provides growth scores for monitoring progress.
DP-4 Teacher Checklists are sold in packs of 25.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Speech Therapist (S2)
- Master degree in Speech Pathology OR
- Bachelor degree in Speech Pathology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Occupational Therapist (S3)
- Master degree in Occupational Therapy OR
- Bachelor degree Occupational Therapy, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing