Purpose: Identifies infants and young children who may benefit from early intervention
Age: Birth – 5 years
Time: 10 to 20 minutes for each domain
The Developmental Assessment of Young Children Second Edition (DAYC-2) can be used to identify possible delays in the areas of cognition, communication, social-emotional development, physical development and adaptive behaviour.
The domains can be assessed independently, so examiners may test only the domains that interest them or test all five domains when a measure of general development is desired.
The DAYC-2 format allows you to obtain information about a child’s abilities through observation, interview of caregivers, and direct assessment. The DAYC-2 may also be used as an evaluation tool independently in specific clinical circumstances that do not require a full assessment.
- All new normative data were collected in 2009 - 2011
- Subdomain scores are provided for receptive language and expressive language within the Communication Domain and for gross motor and fine motor within the Physical Development Domain
- Numerous validity studies, including studies of the test’s sensitivity and specificity, have been provided
- Items were reworded for clarity
- The ceiling rule was simplified
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of training in assessment