The Corrective Reading Series focuses on decoding and comprehension, two skills crucial for readers in grades 3 and up who are one or more years behind. It addresses the wide range of deficits many older learners face and gives them the structure and practice they need to overcome those deficits.
The Corrective Reading B1 Decoding Strategies is appropriate for students who do not read accurately or for less fluent readers who cannot focus their attention on what text means.
- Contains multiple entry points so students can start at their appropriate skill levels
- Can be used in conjunction with Corrective Reading B1 Comprehension
- Using direct instruction strategies this comprehensive intervention program helps refine word-attacking skills by introducing new words and promoting word discrimination
- Tightly sequenced lessons provide the structure and practice struggling readers need to master high-priority skills and strategies
- Briskly paced, teacher-directed instruction and special presentation techniques engage reluctant readers
- Ongoing assessment enables you to adjust pacing, provide immediate feedback and offer meaningful reinforcement
- Built-in management rewards hard work and creates enthusiasm by showing students how much they have improved