Purpose: Measures cognitive and neuropsychological strengths and weaknesses
Age: 5-18 years
Time: 40-60 minutes
The Cognitive Assessment System, Second Edition (CAS2) is a standardised assessment of cognitive ability based on the cognitive/neuropsychological theory PASS (planning, attention, simultaneous and successive).
- Planning - a cognitive process requiring the individual to determine, select, and use a strategy to solve a problem. The subtests require the solving of novel tasks
- Attention - a cognitive process requiring the individual to selectively attend to a particular stimulus and inhibits attending to competing stimuli
- Simultaneous - a cognitive process involving integrating separate stimuli into a single whole or group
- Successive - a cognitive process requiring the serial ordering of things
The CAS2 also yields five supplemental composite scores: Executive Function without Working Memory, Executive Function with Working Memory, Working Memory, Verbal Content, and Nonverbal Content.
The CAS2 Extended Battery has three subtests in each of the four PASS scales. The Core Battery includes two subtests from each of the four PASS scales. Each PASS scale as well as the CAS2 Full Scale yields a standard score with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- A four-year psychology qualification PLUS postgraduate training in psychological tests
Examples of areas of speciality: Psychiatry, Paediatrics