Purpose: To screen students for gifted and talented programs by assessing students' reasoning abilities
Age: Prep to Year 12
The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) Screening Form provides a fast, reliable and valid data point for determining eligibility for gifted and talented programs.
Built according to the same high standards of quality as the full form CogAT, the Screening Form consists of the analogies portion of each Battery from the full form (Verbal/Picture Analogies, Number Analogies and Figure Matrices).
- Levels 5/6-8 do not require English Language comprehension
- The option to exclude Verbal Score for ELL students at Levels 9 through 17/18
- Screening Form can anchor other measures to inform decisions on student placement in accelerated coursework
- Offers shorter administration time for a quick data point, leaving more time for instruction
- CogAT results can be interpreted through Data Manager if schools use ACER’s test scoring services to mark the CogAT answer sheets. Data Manager allows teachers to produce customised reports for their student population. Download the CogAT Test Scoring order form here.
Recommended Year Levels
Test Booklet 5/6: Prep
Test Booklet 7: Year 1
Test Booklet 8: Year 2
Test Booklet 9: Year 3
Test Booklet 10: Year 4
Test Booklet 11: Year 5
Test Booklet 12: Year 6
Test Booklet 13/14: Years 7 & 8
Test Booklet 15/16: Years 9 & 10
Test Booklet 17/18: Years 11 & 12
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions