Purpose: Assess visual and verbal memory in children, adolescents, and young adults
Age: 5 to 21 years
Time: 30-40 minutes for full assessment; 10-15 minutes for Screening Index
The Child and Adolescent Memory Profile (ChAMP) is a norm-referenced test of memory for use with children, adolescents, and young adults that allows both in-depth memory evaluation and memory screening.
The ChAMP includes two verbal memory and two visual memory subtests, and these combine to yield an overall score, the Total Memory Index. Additional Index scores reflect performance in visual and verbal memory and immediate and delayed memory.
The Screening Index, comprising one verbal and one visual subtest, is useful for brief memory screening.
- Based on the latest neuroscience research on human memory
- Brief and easy to administer yet comprehensive: covers core verbal and visual memory domains with only a few subtests
- Uses common, real-life scenarios and colourful, developmentally appropriate stimuli that are engaging and relevant to young examinees
- Administration time is only 35 minutes, with no additional delay time required; Screening Index takes about 10 minutes
- No motor response required
- Focused on learning—each subtest has multiple learning trials
- Includes built-in validity indicators
- Allows for in-depth analysis and progress monitoring through discrepancy score analysis and reliable change scores; a base rate analysis of low scores and a strengths and weaknesses analysis are also available
- Provides intervention recommendations for both home and school
- Standardised using a large normative sample of more than 1,200 participants representative of the 2012 U.S. population.
- Clinical sample includes a large clinical sample of more than 200 children with learning disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, brain injury, and intellectual development disability.
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- A registered psychologist with AHPRA registration number
- Please Note: If purchasing ADOS-2 materials, it is recommended that registered psychologists complete the ADOS-2 Training.
Provisional Psychologist (PS)
A provisional psychologist with:
- Supervisor’s APHRA registration number
- Letter outlining supervisory arrangements
- APHRA registration number