The ACER Emotional Intelligence Certification is a two-day training course (including pre- and post-course work) which teaches participants how to administer, score and interpret a valid emotional intelligence instrument, the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0®), in addition to the Emotional Quotient 360 (EQ 360) assessment.
Following certification, participants will be able to use the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 for coaching, training, team development, recruitment, succession planning and talent management. These instruments have particular relevance for executive coaching, personal coaching, leadership development and employee engagement.
This course is designed for Human resources professionals, Executive Coaches, Industrial-organisation psychologists and Talent management executives.
Upon successful registration, participants will be sent details of their pre-program preparation. This will include some background reading, completion of an EQ-i 2.0 questionnaire and the completion of a further questionnaire to confirm background experience, learning needs and preferences.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Understand emotional intelligence and explain its importance
- Apply the components of the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 including defining composite scales and subscales
- Understand the science behind the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Evaluate and analyse an EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 assessment
- Administer the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Follow a structured approach when preparing for a feedback session
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective assessment feedback session
- Interpret the benefits of emotional intelligence to client groups and stakeholders
- Describe how emotional intelligence applies to different disciplines
- Identify resources available post-certification
- Assess which report type is appropriate for the client.
EQ-i requirements for qualification
- Training in a human service area or significant experience working in a human service area
- Complete the study guide prior to Workshop 1
- Attend all workshop sessions
- Successfully complete the exam held during the course.
Upon successful completion of the certification and final exam, participants will be eligible to use the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 for:
- Executive coaching
- High-stakes recruitment
- Employee selection
- High-potential identification and development
- Succession planning
- Team development
- Organisational analysis.
Please note the delivery mode of the EQ-i 2.0® Certification is online. Certification includes the course handouts, sample reports and course notes.
ACER is proud to offer flexible online delivery of the EQ-i 2.0® Certification. Upon purchase, you will be contacted by our Consultant Psychologist within 1-2 business days to discuss preferred date(s) and time(s).