Purpose: Assess pupils' spelling ability using a mix of engaging questions and tasks
Age: 6–13 years
Time: 30 minutes
Administration: Group or Individual
The British Spelling Test Series Second Edition (BSTS2), assesses spelling at word, sentence and continuous writing level, and contains a wide mix of questions and tasks that test pupils’ ability to spell in different contexts – an element that is unique to this series.
The group test contains a mix of tasks some of which require pupils to draw on their own vocabulary and is straightforward to administer and score.
The series contains four tests, each with two equivalent forms that cover a range of year groups. Each test has a Teacher Guide explaining how to administer, mark and score the test, as well as how to use conversion tables to obtain standardised scores and spelling ages.
- BSTS2 provides teachers with an engaging and rigorous way of monitoring their pupils’ progress and highlighting those for whom spelling is especially difficult
- Fully standardised in 2008 – BSTS2 produces Standard Age Scores, age equivalent scores and percentile ranks
- It is ideal for year on year screening and monitoring and for testing at key transition points, including the transition from primary to secondary school
- Full colour illustrations for BSTS2 AB and CD make the tests very attractive and engaging to younger learners
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- Assessments that are for school use only
- Assessments may only be purchased by schools or approved education institutions