Bounce Back! is a whole school program from Foundation to Year 6 which provides students the skills to ‘bounce back’ when they experience sadness, difficulties, frustrations and challenging times.It provides practical strategies to improve student wellbeing and help students cope with the complexity of everyday life.
This completely updated and revised third edition consists of resources for Years F-2, Years 3-4 and Years 5-6. This new edition provides increased support for teacher wellbeing and embedding practice, stronger Positive Education and Australian Curriculum linkages and more suggestions for differentiation and program implementation.
Each level contains an updated Handbook exploring the most recent evidence-based research that underpins Bounce Back! plus ten substantially revised Curriculum Units, all with updated topics, teaching strategies and resources:
- Core values
- Social values - all new
- People bounce back
- Looking on the bright side
- Being safe
Each curriculum unit uses children’s literature, thinking tools and cooperative learning strategies plus a variety of cross-curricular classroom activities to help students:
- Develop positive and prosocial values, including those related to ethical and intercultural understanding
- Develop self-awareness, social awareness and social skills
- Develop self-management strategies for coping and bouncing back
- Think optimistically and look on the bright side
- Boost positive emotions and manage negative emotions
- Find courage in everyday life as well as in difficult circumstances
- Develop skills for countering bullying
- Use humour as a coping tool
- Develop strengths, skills and attitudes for being successful.