Purpose: Assess visual-motor integration functioning
Age: 4-85 years
Time: 10-15 minutes
The Bender Visual-Motor Gestalt Test (Bender-Gestalt II) is a brief assessment of visual-motor integration that may provide interpretive information about an individual's development and neuropsychological functioning.
The Bender-Gestalt II is ideal for use as a first measure in an extended psychological battery. With its simple design and administration, the Bender-Gestalt II is an effective and non-threatening warm-up to more challenging assessments. It may be used as a screener for neuropsychological impairment.
The Bender II consists of a series of template cards, each displaying a unique figure. The individual is asked to draw each figure as he or she observes it. The design card is not removed until the drawing is complete.
The Bender-Gestalt II offers insight into:
- Mental Retardation
- Learning Disabilities
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Supplemental tests of simple motor and perceptual ability help identify specific visual-motor deficits
- New recall procedure to assess visual-motor memory provides a more comprehensive assessment of visual-motor skills
- Comprehensive testing observations including physical demeanour, drawing technique, test-taking behaviour, and attitude
- New norms for Copy and Recall procedures based on 4,000 cases
- Co-normed with the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, Fifth Edition (SB5).
The following qualifications are required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
Specialist: Psychology (S1)
- Master degree in psychology OR
- Bachelor degree in psychology, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing
Specialist: Occupational Therapist (S3)
- Master degree in Occupational Therapy OR
- Bachelor degree Occupational Therapy, PLUS evidence of postgraduate qualifications in psychometric testing