Purpose: Assess impairment of executive function in children and adolescents
Age: 5 to 18 years
Administration: Individual (Informant or Self-Report)
Time: Full Assessment: 10 minutes; Screening Form: 5 minutes
The Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function - Second Edition (BRIEF2) assesses impairment of executive function in children and adolescents ages 5 - 18 years, in both home and school environments.
The BRIEF2 includes a new 12-item screening version and updated norms for the Parent, Teacher, and Self-Report forms based on a large, diverse sample drawn from all 50 U.S. states.
New features of the BRIEF2
- No new items were added to the clinical scales, allowing for a smooth, consistent transition from the BRIEF to the BRIEF2
- New infrequency scale helps identify unusual responding
- Information and research about the full forms and the new 12-item Parent, Teacher, and Self-Report screening forms are included in the one manual
- New reliable change statistics make it easy to measure the significance of change in scores over time
- Increased sensitivity to executive function impairment: Items that distracted from sensitivity in key clinical groups (such as ADHD and ASD) have been eliminated
- Parent, Teacher, and Self-Report forms have an increased parallel structure
The following qualification is required to access this product. Please login or register to proceed
Please contact ACER Customer Service on 1800 338 402 (toll free) if you have any queries.
Already registered, please login
- A four-year psychology qualification PLUS postgraduate training in psychological tests
Examples of areas of speciality: Psychiatry, Paediatrics