Becoming Better Parents 4th ed is a resource for parents designed to help them understand and respond to their children's behaviour in an encouraging and constructive way.
It shows parents how to:
- Encourage their child's sense of positive self-esteem
- Communicate openly without blame
- Use natural or social consequences, instead of punishment, to encourage the development of self-discipline in their child
- Allow children to make choices and take responsibility in keeping with their age and abilities
- Improve negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Make decisions as a family
Becoming Better Parents also looks at common behaviour problems, step and single parenting, and dealing with adolescence.