Assessment of Children: Cognitive Foundations, 5th edition is designed as both a teaching text and a reference source for students and professionals, to assist in understanding the techniques needed to administer and interpret various intelligence tests.
Fully updated and revised, the 5th edition contains rewritten chapters to make the text more comprehensive, up to date, and informative.
The text contains new material on issues related to:
- Ethical guidelines related to assessment
- Laws pertaining to children with disabilities
- The Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales-Fifth Edition (SB5)
- The Differential Ability Scales-Second Edition (DAS-II)
- Brief intelligence tests
- The WISC-IV and WPPSI-III - It incorporates all of the chapters contained in Assessment of Children: WISC-IV and WPPSI-III Supplement.
New to the Fifth Edition is the Resource Guide to accompany the text. The Resource Guide provides extensive tables to help in interpreting the Wechsler tests, SB5, and DAS-II; detailed coverage of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA 2004); new glossaries covering acronyms, measurement terms used in psychology and education, and legal terms and concepts related to testifying as an expert witness; and additional assessment resources.