The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Second Edition (ADOS-2) is a semistructured, standardised assessment of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and repetitive behaviours. By observing and coding these behaviours, clinicians can obtain information that informs diagnosis, intervention, treatment planning, and educational placement.
The ADOS-2 includes five modules, each requiring between 40-60 minutes to administer. The individual being evaluated is given only one module, selected on the basis of his or her expressive language level and chronological age:
- Toddler Module-for children between 12 and 30 months of age who do not consistently use phrase speech
- Module 1-for children 31 months and older who do not consistently use phrase speech
- Module 2-for children of any age who use phrase speech but are not verbally fluent
- Module 3-for verbally fluent children and young adolescents
- Module 4-for verbally fluent older adolescents and adults
The ADOS-2 Unlimited Use Scoring CD Software allows for scoring and reporting for all 5 modules.
The Scoring CD is supplied with a USB - the CD-ROM may be installed on multiple computers, but the software will only run when the USB is plugged in.
PC with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8.